Data sciences has emerged as a critical technology for all basic and translational research endeavours. The abundance of natural wealth, bio-diversity, geo-diversity can be put to great use for the development of the North East region in particular and nation in general by adopting contemporary scientific and technological advances. CSIR-NEIST undertakes the path of documentation, digitization, deposition of data and analyse this data with Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence applications, with outcomes leading to societal benefit.
The division’s mandate is to conduct fundamental and applied research in Computational Modelling and Data Science Spanning. The division is expected to facilitate various R&D Divisions viz. Geosciences, Chemical Sciences, Materials Sciences, Biological Sciences and Engineering Sciences to perform big data analysis by adopting contemporary scientific and technological advances. Also it will undertake the path of documentation, digitization, deposition of data and subject this data for Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence applications.
- Developing disease specific webportals based on galaxy platform on metabolic disorders, NAFLD (non-alcoholic fatty liver disease), HIV, etc.
- Chemoinformatics and developing a compound library, where each compound available in public domain is obtained and a given a special MPDS ID, akin to Aadhar card.
- Developing interaction with medical doctors and clinicians in healthcare, and kickstart the initiative of DISHA (development of informatics for societal health advancement), which was conceived a while ago.
- Employing the state of art AI, ML and statistical approaches for data analysis in chemo-, bio-, pharmaco-, geo-, plant-, and soil informatics.
- IoT based real time data generation, modeling with AI, ML.
- Documentation, digitization & deposition of plant species collected from North Eastern region of India.
- Development of potential disease modifying agent using Computer Aided Drug Design approach.
- Designing pharmacophore & drug target interaction models using structural bio informatics.
- Development of new functional materials for device designing.
- Development of new geo dynamic model to understand the lithospheric deformation pattern beneath North East Himalaya and Indo-Burmese wedge.
- Understanding the complex lithospheric and asthenospheric interaction in Shillong plateau and understanding its pop up tectonics.
PhD (Theoretical & Computational Chemistry)
ID. No. 1290
Area’s of Interest : Interdisciplinary area of computational chemistry and computational biology, application of molecular modeling techniques to drug design
Ph D(Theoretical and Computational Material Chemistry)
ID. No. 1283
Area’s of Interest : Computational Chemistry, Electronic Structure of nanomaterials, Carbon Nanotube, Catalysis.
ID No. 1293
Email ID: email@example.com
Area of Interest: Software development, machine learning, network pharmacology
PhD(Computer Science and Engineering)
ID No. 1298
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Area of Interest: Arificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Software development, Database development
Diploma in Information Technology
ID. No. 1332
Areas of interest: IT Administration
Ph. D, Tezpur University, Tezpur, Assam
Post Doctoral Fellow
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Area of Interest: Development of galaxy based Cancer Specific Web portal (MPDS-Cancer) using Machine Learning, Computational Biology and Bioinformatics
Ph. D, BR Ambedkar University, Luckhnow, Uttar Pradesh
Post Doctoral Fellow
Email ID: email@example.com
Area of Interest: Computational Chemistry, Noncovalent Interactions
Ph. D, CSIR-IICT, Hyderabad, Telangana
Post Doctoral Fellow
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Area of Interest: Computational Biology
M.Sc. in Biotechnology
DST-INSPIRE Fellow (JRF)
Email ID: email@example.com
Area of Interest: Computer Aided Drug Designing, Network Pharmacology, Database Development, Web Portal Design, Molecular Biology
M. Sc Organic Chemistry
DST Inspire Fellow
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Area of Interest: Computational Chemistry, Cheminformatics and Data driven approaches
Email ID: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Area of Interest: Database development, Ethnopharmacology, Protein-Protein Interaction, Molecular Modelling, Natural Products
M.Sc. – Bioinformatics
Email ID: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Area of Interest: Computational and Structural Biology, Data Science (Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning), Database Development, and Web Portal Design
Email ID: email@example.com
Area of Interest: Computational chemistry and materials modelling; designing of advanced materials for high end applications; properties exploration of nanoscale materials
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Area of Interest: Computer-Aided Drug Designing; Structural Biology; Molecular Modeling; Molecular Dynamics Simulation; Biological Network Analysis & Biological Database Development
Email ID: email@example.com
Area of Interest: Structural Biology, Text mining
M. Tech in information security (NIT Allahabad)
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Area of Interest: Machine learning, Web application development
M.Sc. in Biotechnology and Bioinformatics
Scientific Administrative Assistant
Email ID: email@example.com
Area of Interest: Biological Database Management System, Microbiology and Biotechnology
M.Sc. in Chemistry
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Area of Interest: Computational nanomaterials defects and catalysis