|Name||:||Dr. Pallab Pahari|
|Contact Details||:||Synthetic Organic Chemistry Division, CSIR-North East Institute of Science and Technology, Jorhat-785006, Assam.|
- Development of new synthetic methodologies
- Total synthesis of bioactive natural products
- Green chemistry
- Synthesis of substituted quinoxaline and quinazoline derivatives as potential anti-tuberculosis agent (Headquarter Controlled Project).
- Environmental Research Initiative for paper and process industry (Network Project).
- Inherently safer practices for industrial risk reduction (Network Project).
- Creation of value–added products from renewable resources: A green approach (In-house project)
List of Publications (Most Recent Ten)
Total No. of Publications: 28
- Phthalides and Phthalans: Synthetic Methodologies and their Applications in the Total Synthesis; Raju Karmakar, Pallab Pahari, Dipakranjan Mal; Chemical Reviews, 2014, Accepted.
- Baeyer–Villiger C–C Bond Cleavage Reaction in Gilvocarcin and Jadomycin Biosynthesis; Nidhi Tibrewal, Pallab Pahari, Guojun Wang, Madan K. Kharel, Caleb Morris, Theresa Downey, Yanpeng Hou, Tim S. Bugni, Jurgen Rohr Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2012, 134, 18181–18184.
- Enzymatic Total Synthesis of Defucogilvocarcin M and its Implications on Gilvocarcin Biosynthesis, Pallab Pahari, Madan, K. Kharel, Micah D. Shepherd, Steven G. Van Lanen, Jurgen Rohr, Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 2012, 51, 1216-1220.
- &Cooperation of Two Bifunctional Enzymes in the Biosynthesis and Attachment of Deoxysugars of the Antitumor Antibiotic Mithramycin, Guojun Wang, Pallab Pahari, Madan K. Kharel, Jing Chen, Haining Zhu, Steven G. Van Lanen, Jurgen Rohr, Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 2012, 51, 10638-10642.
- Amalgamation of Nucleosides and Amino Acids in Antibiotic Biosynthesis: Discovery of an l-Threonine:Uridine-5'-Aldehyde Transaldolase, Sandra Barnard-Britson, Xiuling Chi, Koichi Nonaka, Anatol P. Spork, Nidhi Tibrewal, Anwesha Goswami, Pallab Pahari, Christian Ducho, Jurgen Rohr, Steven G. Van Lanen, Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2012, 134, 18514-18517.
- Angucyclines: Biosynthesis, Mode-of-Action, Synthesis, and New Natural Products, Madan, K. Kharel, Pallab Pahari, Micah D. Shepherd, Nidhi Tibrewal, S. Eric Nybo, Khaled A. Shaaban, Jurgen Röhr, Natural Product Reports, 2012, 29, 264-325.
- Lateral lithiation-initiated annulations in the synthesis of 1-oxygenated carbazole alkaloids and a cycloheptacarbazole; Amit K. Jana, Pallab Pahari, Dipakranjan Mal; Synlett, 2012, 23, 1769-1774.
- Biosynthetic Origin and Mechanism of Formation of the Aminoribosyl Moiety of Peptidyl Nucleoside Antibiotics, Xiuling Chi, Pallab Pahari, Koichi Nonaka, Steven G. Van Lanen, Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2011, 133, 14452–14459.
- Enzymatic total synthesis of rabelomycin, an angucycline group antibiotic, Madan Kumar Kharel, Pallab Pahari, Hui Lian, Jurgen Rohr, Organic Letters, 2010, 12, 2814-2817.
- Total Synthesis of Psoralidin, an Anticancer Natural Product, Pallab Pahari and Jurgen Rohr, The Journal of Organic Chemistry, 2009, 74, 2750-2754.
Awards and Fellowships
- Post-doctoral Fellow, University of Kentucky, Kentucky, USA (2007 – 2011).
- Junior Research Fellowship from the CSIR, New Delhi (Dec’ 2000).