|Name||:||Dr(Ms) Swapnali Hazarika, FRSC|
|Designation||:||Senior Principal Scientist & Professor
Head, Centre for Petroleum Research
Group Leader, Chemical Engineering Group
Engineering Sciences and Technology Division
|Qualification||:||M.Sc. (Chemistry), Ph.D.|
|Contact Details||:||CSIR-North East institute of Science & Technology, Jorhat-785006, Assam, India.|
- Design and development of smart materials
- Synthesis of thin film composite (TFC) and nanocomposite (TFN) membranes and applications in enantiomer separation, biomolecule separation, gas separation, waste water treatment etc.
- Polymer Research
- Biopolymeric materials and applications
- Biogenic synthesis of nanoparticles
- Polymer science and engineering
- Isolation and purification of natural products
- Biochemical reaction engineering and mechanism
- Modelling and simulation
- Studies on enantioselective membrane from certain chiral polymers, DST-New Delhi
- Molecular recognition stimuli responsive smart polymeric gel microcapsule membrane for control release application: probing role of diffusion limitation in gel microstructure, CSIR (EMPOWER)
- Development of nanostructured membrane for solvent recovery from dilute solution, DST-New Delhi
- Preparation and application of immobilized esterases/(enzymes) for industry and biosensors, CSIR-New Delhi
- Membrane separation processes for liquids and gases (MATES), CSIR New Delhi
- Development of molecular gate membrane for co2 separation and green emission control, DST, New Delhi
- Membrane based process for commercial production of biomolecules (Fast Track Translational Project), CSIR New Delhi
- Development of environmentally benign process technology for extraction of natural dye of NE region, MOEF-New Delhi
- Novel process for production of Pregabalin, CSIR-New Delhi (CSIR Mission Mode project INPROTICS)
- Development of reusable facemask with enhanced antimicrobial efficiency for medical care, CSIR, New Delhi
- Development of processes for edible and industrial dyes from plant sources for enhanced income (Fast Track Translational Project), CSIR, New Delhi
- Development of electrospun and ceramic membrane for treatment of wastewater, CSIR-New Delhi
- A Process for Asymmetric Synthesis of a Chiral Glycerol Derivatives Useful for the Production of Optically Pure Cardiovascular Drugs, Patent No.: 193956
- A novel process for extraction and separation of oxyresveratrol from artocarpus lakoocha roxb., India, India, USA and UK, Patent No. US 10376840 B2, 2019.
- An improved membrane for gas separation, patent applied, Applied for PCT Countries Patent No. 361456.
- Membrane Based process for separation of natural dyes, India, USA and UK, 0216NF2016.
- Membrane based Antimicrobial Face mask and its Reuse, India, USA and UK, Patent applied, 0105NF2022.
• “Process for Extraction and Separation of Oxyresveratrol”
• “Production of Natural Edible Dye” (Transferred to Industry)
• “Process of making membranes for recovery of organic solvents from aqueous mixture”
Total no. of Publications in SCI journals: 70
- Carbon dot-graphene oxide coated in-situ loaded cellulose nanofiber-poly(ethylene terephthalate) nanocomposite membrane from waste materials for treatment of wastewater, J. Hazardous Materials, 442 (2023) 129955. IF: 14.224.
- CNC mediated natural dye based heat sealable biodegradable food packaging material with enhanced freshness indication ability, Carbohydrate Polymers, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.carbpol.2022.120241, 2022, 300 (2023), IF: 10.72.
- Thin film nanocomposite membrane incorporated with clay-ionic liquid framework for enhancing rejection of epigallocatechin gallate in aqueous media, Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering, 10(3) (2022) 22 107423-107435. IF: 7.968
- In Situ Assembly of Functionalized Single-Walled Carbon Nanotube with Partially Reduced Graphene Oxide Nanocomposite Membrane for Chiral Separation of β-Substituted-α-Amino Acids, Separation and Purification Technology, 83 (2022) 122, 120201-120216. IF: 9.136.
- Amide functionalized DWCNT nanocomposite membrane for chiral separation of the racemic DOPA, Separation and Purification Technology, 279 (2021) 119704-119716. IF: 9.136
- Cyclodextrine-glutaraldehyde cross-linked nanofiltration membrane for recovery of resveratrol from plant extract, J. of Environmental Chemical Engineering, 2020) 103620-103628. IF: 7.968
- Functionalization of single-walled carbon nanotube and its application for chiral separation of tyrosine with high enantiomeric excess, Separation and Purification Technology 233 (2020) 116061. IF: 9.136.
- Biogenic synthesized Pd-nanoparticle incorporated antifouling polymeric membrane for removal of crystal violet dye, J. of Environmental Chemical Engineering, 6(5) (2018) 6139-6146 DOI: 10.1016/j.jece.2018.09.046, IF: 7.968
- Coupling of ionic liquid treatment and membrane filtration for recovery of lignin from lignocellulosic biomass, Separation and Purification Technology, 173 (2017) 113-120 IF: 9.136
- Artocarpus lakoocha Roxb.: An untapped bioresource of resveratrol from North East India, its extractive separation and antioxidant activity, Industrial Crops & Products, 95 (2016) 75-82 IF: 6.449.
- Kinetics and Mechanism of Lipase Catalyzed Reactions, 2011, Publisher VDM Publisher, Germany
- Tea Polyphenols: Technological Perspectives, NOVA SCIENCE PUBLISHERS, INC.400 Oser Avenue, Suite 1600, Hauppauge, NY 11788-3619, Name of the Book: Tea Polyphenols.
- Role of Ionic Liquid in Membrane Technology, 2015. NOVA SCIENCE PUBLISHERS, INC.400 Oser Avenue, Suite 1600, Hauppauge, NY, Chapter ID: 32762, Book ID: 7202. Name of Book: Lignocellulose: Biotechnology, Chemical Composition and Future Prospects, ISBN: 978-1-63482-887-1.
- Polymeric nanocomposite membranes for diverse applications, 2019, Publisher: Elsevier, Name of the Book: Handbook of Polymer Nanocomposites for Industrial Applications.
- Membrane Selective Progress in Waste Water Treatment, 2021, Publisher: Purbayan Publication, Name of the Book: Current Trends in Polymeric and Novel 2D Material Based Membrane Systems for Waste Water Treatment and Green Energy Harvesting, ISBN: 978-93-90589-43-2.
- Membrane Based Chiral Resolution of Organic Drugs, Publisher: Purbayan Publication, Name of the Book: Current Trends in Polymeric and Novel 2D Material Based Membrane Systems for Waste Water Treatment and Green Energy Harvesting, ISBN: 978-93-90589-43-2.
- Phytochemicals: Isolation and Effective Membrane Separation, 2021, Publisher: Purbayan Publication, Name of the Book: Current Trends in Polymeric and Novel 2D Material Based Membrane Systems for Waste Water Treatment and Green Energy Harvesting,, ISBN: 978-93-90589-43-2.
- Efficient and Nutritive Value Addition of Waste from Food Processing Industries, 2021, Publisher: Elsevier, Name of the Book: Advanced Materials from Recycled Waste, ISBN: 604796.
- Membrane Based Treatment of wastewater generated in Pharmaceutical and Textile Industries for a Sustainable Environment, 2021, Publisher: Elsevier, Name of the Book: Advanced Materials from Recycled Waste, ISBN: 604796.
- Fellow of Royal Society of Chemistry (FRSC), 2022
- Bronze medal, 2023 from Chemical Research Society of India (CRSI).
- Fullbright Fellow, under ‘Woman in Science’ program, 2013.
- National VICAL Award in Chemical Engineering from IIChE, 2015
- World Championship Award 2018 in Membrane science.
- Best poster in the Young Scientist Conference as part of India International Science Festival-2019 (ISOFA 2019) held at Biswa Bangla Convention Centre, Kolkata.
- Best oral presentation award in the symposium Chemical Education in Self Reliance: Global Perspective held at CSIR-NEIST on 23rd June 2022.
- Best Poster Award in the North East Sustainable and Inclusive Development (NESID), 16-18 November, 2022, Kaziranga University.
- Best Oral Presentation Award in SCHEMCON – 2014, organized by IIChE under the Session Eco-friendly Catalyst and Green Chemistry at Haldia Refinery, West Bengal.
- Best Oral Presentation at International Virtual Conference on Current Scenario in Chemical Sciences (CSCS–2021) organized by School of Chemical Sciences, Moolji Jaitha College (Autonomous), Jalgaon (MS), India on 6th -7th September 2021.
- Best Poster Award in the National Seminar on Recent Developments in synthesis and Catalysis (RDSC) 2017 held on 10th-11th March 2017 at Dibrugarh University.
- Best Technology award for the technology on Production of Natural Edible Dye: Deep Pink Colour on the occasion of NEIST Foundation Day on 18th March 2019 at CSIR NEIST.
- Certificate of Appreciation for Best performing Woman Scientist in CSIR-NEIST for the years 2007-2008, 2011-2012, 2013-2014 and 2014-2015 on the occasion of CSIR-NEIST Foundation Day celebration, 18th March, in the respective years.
- Best Technology award for the technology on Extraction and Separation of Oxyresveratrol on the occasion of NEIST Foundation Day on 18th March 2017 at CSIR NEIST.
- Member, Royal Society of Chemistry
- Member, American Chemical Society
- Member, Indian Science Society
- Life member of Chemical Research Society of India (CRSI)
- Life member of Material Research Society of India (MRSI)
- Life member of Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers (IIChE)
- Life member of Indian Institute of Mineral Engineers (IIME)
- Life member of Indian Membrane Society (IMS)
- Life member of Assam Science Society
- Member, International Advisory board, National convention of Chemistry Teachers (NCCT - 2021) and International Conference on Recent Trends in Chemistry & Chemical Education (NCCT, ICRTC&CE - 2021), Sikkim Manipal University 2021.
- Member, R&D and production activities examination board, BCPL, Assam.
- Reviewer for CSIR-FIRST Scheme under CSIR-Fundamental & Innovative Research in Science of Tomorrow (CSIR-FIRST) 2020.
- Recognized PhD guide of AcSIR and Gauhati, Dibrugarh and Nagaland University.
- Role of membrane technologies in process chemistry for separation of chemicals and biochemicals, 21st National Symposium in Chemistry (NSC-21), Chemical Research Society of India (CRSI) in IICT Hyderabad on 15th– 16th July 2017.
- Women in Science: A glorious journey, National Science Day, 2020, 28th February, Central College, Jorhat.
- Membrane chemistry: prospect of interdisciplinary research, National e-Seminar on Chemistry in Emerging Trends of Interdisciplinary Research (NeSCETIR -2020), 18th-20th November, 2020 in Nagaland University.
- Opportunity for STEM Education, 25th January 2020, Career Development Program, Mu Bi Samartha, organized by NAKSATRA TV Channel.
- Climate Change: Challenges and Response, delivered in Training program, Centre for Disaster Management, Mussoorie, 21 August, 2021.
- Catalytic membrane reactor for synthesis of dendrimer, International Conference on Catalysis, Chemical Engineering and Technology (CCT-2021), May 17-18, 2021 in Tokyo, Japan (Online).
- Waste management in oil and petrochemical industries, National Seminar on Biotechnology & Environmental Management, 19th April 2021, ONGC Cinnamora (online)
- Women in science: breaking the barrier for a brighter society, Vigyan Jyoti Scheme to encourage students for taking up STEM as a career, 27th April, 2021, JNV Titabar.
- Science and technology for sustainable India: roadmap for centennial of independence, Vigyan Sarvatre Pujyate, Science Week Festival, February 22-28, 2022, (Online).
- Career development opportunity for Girl students, 25th November 2022, Career Development Program, Mu Bi Samartha, organized by NAKSATRA TV Channel.
- Membrane Chemistry: Opportunity for Interdisciplinary Research, 3rd June, 2022, Royal Global University.
- My Journey through Membrane Science, 28th Feb, 2023, AGBM, CPWA-NER Chapter.
- Global Science for Global Wellbeing, National Science Lecture, 28th Feb, 2023.
- Design and Development of Hybrid Membrane for inclusive Development and Sustainable Application, 18th Nov., 2022, Kaziranga University.
- Women in Science, North East Research Conclave, 20-22 May, 2022.
- Women in Science, DST sponsored program at CBRI, Lucknow, 25th-26th August 2022.