Responsibilities of Director
- Realizing the objectives of NEIST, Jorhat.
- To achieve excellence and with quality outputs in R&D in frontier areas and contract services in chemical, bio and allied sciences to be offered to customers in public and private domains at national and international levels.
- Managing the affairs of the Laboratory as per the decisions of the Management Council and advice of RC.
- Director shall in all matters have powers delegated to him by the Governing Body.
- Controlling officer for all Scientists G/F/AO/FAO and SPO.
- Sanctions of advance and expenditure in excess of Rs. 20,000 from P6/ Q VII.
- All hospitality expenditure.
- Air travel approvals for all non-entitled staff / Tour proposals under Mission mode projects / Private airline travel from pvt funded Projects .
- All relaxations of rules and approvals not specifically delegated.
(During the absence of Director from HQ, the above powers are exercised by the Director Grade/Senior Most Scientist in RRL Jorhat except disciplinary power)