Significant R&D Achievements in the Group
- P. Goswami, L. Konwar, Swapnali Harzarika, N.N. Dutta, A.K. Hararika, A. Goswami and B.K. Gogoi, “A Process for Asymmetric Synthesis of a Chiral Glycerol Derivatives Useful for the Production of Optically Pure Cardiovascular Drugs”, Grant Date: 20/01/2006, Patent No.: 193956
- Swapnali Hazarika, D Konwar, H J Borah, S Borthakur, P Barkakati, M M Bora, R N Das, “A novel Proces for Extraction and Separation of Oxyresveratrol” Patent App No. 2853/DEL/2014 and PCT/IN2015/050129.
- Swapnali Hazarika, P Bharali, Indumoni Das, H J Borah, D Konwar, S Borthakur, M M bora,An Improved membrane for CO2 Separation, Patent Applied 008NF2016.
Publication in SCI Journal:
- Swapnali Hazarika, P. Goswami, N.N. Dutta and A.K. Hazarika,“Ehtyl oleate synthesis by Porcine pancreatic lipase in organic solvents”, Chem. Eng. J., 54 (2002) 61-68.
- L. Kanwar, Swapnali Hazarika, P. Goswami, N. N. Dutta “Novel Lipase isolated from a Pseudomonas Strain and its application in the synthesis of S(+)-2-o-benzylglycerol-1-acetate, J. Chem. Tech. Biotechnol. 77 (2002), 898-902.
- Swapnali Hazarika, P.Goswami, N.N. Dutta, , “Lipase catalyzed transesterfication of 2- O-benzylglycerol with vinyl acetate: Slovent effect”, Chem. Eng. J., (2003), 94, 1-10.
- Swapnali Hazarika, A Dutta and N N Dutta, “Pervaporation Aided Esterification of Carboxylic Acids with ethanol using Porcine pancreatic Lipase”, Biocatal. and Biotransf., (2003), 21(3) 101-113.
- Swapnali Hazarika, and N N Dutta, “transesterfication of 2- o-benzylglycerol with vinyl acetate by immobilized lipase from Pseudomonas Cepacia: Reaction and deactivation kinetics”, Org. Proc. Res. And Dev., (2004), 8, 229-237.
- S. Gogoi, Swapnali Hazarika and NN Dutta, “Esterification of lauric acid with lauryl alcohol using cross linked enzyme crystal: Solvent and kinetic study” Biocatal. and Biotransf., (2006), 24(5) 343-351.
- Swapnali Hazarika, N.N. Dutta and P.G. Rao, “A Quantitative Structure Activity Relationship study on Permeation of Amino acids in Enantioselective Membranes” Appl. Mem. Sc. & Technol. Vol. 2 (2006) 13-29.
- Swapnali Hazarika*, Enantioselective Permeation of Racemic alcohol through Polymeric Membrane, J. Memb. Sci., 310 (2008) 174-183.
- Swapnali Hazarika*, S Dutta and P G Rao, “Synthesis of chiral polymer by Mukaiyama aldol polymerization and its characterization”, J Poly. Material, 25 (2008) 387-398.
- Swapnali Hazarika*, S. Borthakur, N. N. Dutta and P.G. Rao “A Novel Method for Synthesis of Chiral Polymer useful for Membrane Application”, Polymer J. 43, 12, 1067-1075 (2009).
- P. Gogoi, Swapnali Hazarika, N. N. Dutta and P.G. Rao, “Laccase Catalysed Conjugation for Catechin with poly (allylamine): Solvent Effect, Chemical Engineering Journal, 155, 810-815, 2009)
- P. Gogoi, Swapnali Hazarika, N. N. Dutta and P.G. Rao, “Kinetics and mechanism on laccase catalyzed synthesis of poly (allylamine) catechin conjugate”, Chemical Engineering Journal, 163 86–92 (2010).
- Kundan Baruah, Swapnali Hazarika*, S Borthakur and N N Dutta, Preparation and characterization of Polysulfone-Cyclodextrin Composite NF Membrane : Solvent Effect, J. Applied Polymer Science, 125(5), 3388-3898, (2012).
- Swapnali Hazarika*, N N Dutta and P G Rao, Dissolution of Lignocellulose in Ionic Liquids and its Recovery by Nanofiltration Membrane, Sep. and Purif. Technol. 97, 123–129, (2012).
- Kundan Baruah and Swapnali Hazarika, “Separation of Acetic acid from Dilute Aqueous Solution by Nanofiltration Membrane”, J. Applied Polymer Science, DOI: 10.1002/app. 40537 (2014).
- Hirokjyoti Bora and Swapnali Hazarika, Adsorption of Racemic Compound on chiral polymer: Enantioselectivity Prediction and Interpretation from Molecular Orbital Theory, Journal of Chemical Science and Technology, 3(2) 2014.
- Swapnali Hazarika, D Konwar and M J Bora, Semi-Empirical Computation on the Mechanism of Imidazolines and Benzimidazoles Synthesis and Their QSAR Studies, Asian Journal of Chemistry, 26(16) 2014.
- Kundan Boruah, S Sinha, Swapnali Hazarika, P K Bhattacharyya, QM/MM Studies on Cyclodextrin Alcohol Interaction, J. Macromolecular Science Part A: Pure and Applied Chemistry, 52: 1, 64-68, 2014.
- Kundan Baruah, P K Bhattacharyya and Swapnali Hazarika, Adsorption of Dilute Alcohols onto Cyclodextrine-Polysulfone Membrane : Experimental and Theoretical Analysis, Journal of Chemical and Engineering Data, 2015, 60 (9), pp 2549–2558.
- Diganta Baruah, Ram Nath Das, Swapnali Hazarika, Dilip Konwar, Biogenic synthesis of cellulose supported Pd(0) nanoparticles using hearth wood extract of Artocarpus lakoocha Roxb - A green, efficient and versatile catalyst for Suzuki and Heck coupling in water under microwave heating, Catalysis Communications, 72:73-80, 2015.
- Hirok Jyoti Borah and Swapnali Hazarika, Extraction of Resveratrol: Optimization of Process Parameters using Response Surface Analysis, Canadian Journal of pure and Applied Science, 10(2): 1715-9997, 2016.
- Dipankar Neog, PG Rao, ML Das and Pranab Barkakati, An Investigation of Heat Transfer in Vertical Shaft Kiln Process of Cement Manufacture: Part I –Convection, International Journal for Research in Applied Science & Engineering Technology, 3(VII) 180-88, 2015
- Pranab Barkakati, Modeling of ginsenoside adsorption onto Amberlite XAD-7 with residence time-concentration distribution, International Journal of Chemical and, Environmental Engineering, 6(3) 167-73, 2015
- Pallavi Dowarah, Paranjoli Boruah, Tridip Goswami, Pranab Barkakati, Xylanase production from Phanerochaete chrysosporium using response surface methodology and its validation in a bioreactor, International Journal of Engineering and Technical Research, 3(8) 142-47, 2015
- Dipankar Neog, PG Rao, ML Das and Pranab Barkakati, An Investigation of Heat Transfer in Vertical Shaft Kiln Process of Cement Manufacture: Part II – Conduction and Radiation, International Journal for Research in Applied Science & Engineering Technology, 3(VIII) 420-26 (2015)
- Dipankar Neog, PG Rao, ML Das and Pranab Barkakati, Interpretation of Mass Transfer in Vertical Shaft Kiln (VSK) Process of Cement Manufacture using TGA/DTG Study, International Journal of Science and Applied Research, II(9), 13-17, 2015.
- Ashma Begum, Jahnabi Sarma, Preetismita Borah, Pinky Moni Bhuyan, Ruprekha Saikia, Tobiul Hussain Ahmed, Susma Karki, Jyoti Rupa Dowarah, Priti Gupta, Ritika R Khanna, Luna Rai, Judy Lalhmangaihzuali, Aradhana Goswami and Pritish Chowdhury, Microwave (MW) Energy in Enzyme Deactivation: Stabilization of Rice Bran from Few Widely Consumed Indigenous Rice Cultivars (Oryza sativa L.) from Eastern Himalayan Range. Current Nutrition & Food Science, 2015, 11, 240-245.
- Paranjoli Boruah, Pallavi Dowarah, Pranab Barkakati, Archana Yadav, Rupjyoti Hazarika and Tridip Goswami, Xylanase from Penicillium meleagrinum var. viridiflavum – a potential source for bamboo pulp bleaching, Journal of Cleaner Production, 116, 259-67, 2016.
- Kinetics and Mechanism of Lipase catalysed Reaction, Swapnali Hazarika, N N Dutta, published in 2011, Publisher VDM Publisher, Germany
- Tea polyphenols: Technological Perspectives, P. Gogoi, Swapnali Hazarika, N. N. Dutta and P.G. Rao, 2013, NOVA SCIENCE PUBLISHERS, INC.400 Oser Avenue, Suite 1600, Hauppauge, NY 11788-3619
- Role of Ionic Liquid in Membrane Technology, Swapnali Hazarika, Gayatri Gogoi, 2015. NOVA SCIENCE PUBLISHERS, INC.400 Oser Avenue, Suite 1600, Hauppauge, NY, Chapter ID: 32762, Book ID: 7202. Name of Book: Lignocellulose: Biotechnology, Chemical Composition and Future Prospects'' ISBN: 978-1-63482-887-1
No. of PhD: 8 Nos. (declared), 5 Nos. ongoing
Awards and achievements received by the group members
- Received National VICAL Award in Chemical Engineering from IIChE, 2015.
- Received Best Oral Presentation Award in SCHEMCON – 2014 under the Session Eco-friendly Catalyst and Green, Chemistry at Haldia Refinery, West Bengal
- Received Fullbright Fellowship 2013, under ‘Woman in Science’ program
- Received CSIR-NEIST Appreciation certificate for Best performing Women Scientist for the year 2007-2008, 2011-2012, 2013-2014