|Name||:||Dr. H. P. Deka Boruah|
|Qualification||:||M.Sc., LLB, Ph.D.|
|Contact Details||:||CSIR-NEIST, Jorhat-785006, Assam, India. 2348/49|
- Bioprospection of beneficial soil microbes for their exploitation in the field greener crop production, nutrient use efficiency, environmental restoration and molecular plant microbe interaction.
- Bioremediation and Eco-restoration of environmentally degraded land.
- Application of C-sequestration in terrestrial eco-systems.
- Functional eco-physiology of plant and adaptation biology
- Completed : 10, Ongoing : 05
- Development of microbial formulations of microbial bio inoculants with plant growth promoting and bio control activities for application in rice cultivation in Manipur and Assam. DBT -New Delhi, (Applied research)
- Application of carbon sequestration in terrestrial ecosystem of Assam for long term sustainability. DST, New Delhi, (applied research)
- SIMPLE, CSIR-Net work & Bioen
- Total Number of Patents Granted: 3 Nos.
List of Publications (Most Recent Ten)
Total No. of Publications:Total no of publications: SCI Publication 28; Proc. 26; Cof. Sym. Workshop paper :42; Book chapter 5; Reports : 15; Book: 1; Ph.D’s guided : 11
- Sarma Roy A., Baruah R., Borah M., Dutta N., Singh AK, Deka Boruah H P*, Saikia N, Deka M, and Bora TC (2014) Bioremediation potential of native hydrocarbon degrading bacterial strains in crude oil contaminated soil under microcosm study. Int. J. Biodet. Biodegra.
- Yenn R., Bora M., Deka Boruah H.P. *, Sarma Roy A., Baruah R., Saikia N., Sahu O. P., Tamuli A.K. (2014) Phytoremediation of abandoned crude oil contaminated drill sites of Assam with the aid of a hydrocarbon-degrading bacterial formulation. Int. J. Phyt. 16:9, 909-925
- Sarma Roy A, Baruah R, Gogoi D, Borah M, Singh A K, Deka Boruah H P* (2013) Draft Genome Sequence of Pseudomonas aeruginosa Strain N002, Isolated from Crude Oil-Contaminated Soil of Geleky, Assam, India, GenomeA. e00104-12
- Duarah I, Deka D. K., Borah D, Deka Boruah H. P.*, R Baruah,T. Lahan, U Baruah, TS Barma (2012) Characterization of soil enzyme activities and physicochemicalcharacteristics of tea soil under waterlogging, Int. J. Tea Sci. 8(3): 35–48.
- Gogoi J., Pathak N., Duarah I, Deka Boruah H. P.*, Saikia N., & Handique A. K. (2012). Microbial activity in high sulphur reclaimed coalmine overburden. Soil Sediment Contamination, 21:42–50.
- Duarah I, Deka M., Saikia N and Deka Boruah HP. (2011) Phosphate solubilizers enhance NPK fertilizer use efficiency in rice and legume cultivation. 3Biotech, 1:227-238.
- Deka Boruah H. P., Chauhan P.S., Yim W., Sa TM (2010). Comparison of plant growth promoting Methylobacterium sp. and exogenous indole- 3-acetic acid application ofn red pepper and tomato seedling development. Kor. J. of Soil Sci. Fert. 43(1),96-104.
- Islam Md R, Madhiyan M, Deka Boruah HP, Yim W, Lee G, Saravanam VS, Fu Q, Hu H, Sa T, Characterization of plant growth-promoting traits of free- living Diazotrophic bacteria and their inoculation effects on growth and nitrogen uptake of crop plants. J Microbial Biotechnol 19(10) (2009)1213-1222.
- Kim K, Yim W, Trivedi P, Madhaiyan M, Deka Boruah HP, Md R Islam, Lee G, Sa T, (2010) Synergistic effects of inoculating arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi and Methylobacterium oryzae strains on growth and nutrient uptake of red pepper (Capsicum annuum L.,) Plant Soil. 327:429–440
- Dowarah J, Deka Boruah HP, Gogoi J, Pathak N, Saikia N, Handique AK, Eco-restoration of a high-sulphur coal mine overburden dumping site in northeast India: A case study”. J Earth Syst Sci 118, (2009)597-608.
Awards and Fellowships
- Visited Oxford University, London, UK to attend PUP2012, sponsored by Oxford University.
- Visited Chiang Mai and Bangkok, Thailand under collaboration between CSIR-NEIST, Jorhat and ARDA, Thailand, sponsored by ARDA-Thailand.
- Brainpool visiting fellowship, 2009.
- Fellow of Winter School, 2006 CIMAP
- Received J.N. Baruah Memorial Science Award, 2006 Assam, Science Society, Jorhat Branch awarded on the eve of contribution on “Remediation and Management of coalmining wasteland of North Eastern, Coal Fields, Margherita.
- DBT Overseas Associateship, 2002-03, Govt. of India, Ministry of Science & Technology, New Delhi