|Name||:||Dr. Dilip Konwar|
|Qualification||:||M.Sc. Ph.D.[Organic Cheistry]|
|Contact Details||:||Synthetic Organic Chemistry Division, Chemical Sciences Block, CSIR-NEIST, Jorhat -785006, Assam, India. Phone No.: 0376-2372142, Mobile No.: 9435351864, EPABX: 2366|
|Email id||:||email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org|
- Synthetic Organic Chemistry
- Green Chemistry
- Organometallic Chemistry
- Membrane & Separation Technology
- R & D Works Under CSIR Program =12
- Basic Research Projects [Interdisciplinary Research [SOCD & Other Departments]=9
- Process =10
- Patents : Patents granted/applied for: International patent =1, national =13
List of Publications (Most Recent Ten)
Total No. of Publications: 80
- DMSO/N2H4.H2O/I2/H2O/CH3CN : A new system for selective oxidation of alcohols in hydrated media ; P.Gogoi, G. K. Sarmah & D.Konwar ; J.Org. Chem .; 2004, 69,5153- 5154.
- Surfactant/I2/Water :An efficient system for deprotection of oximes and imines to carbonyls under neutral conditions in water; P. Gogoi, P. Hazarika & D. Konwar ; J.Org. Chem .; 2005, 70,1934-1936.
- A facile dehydration and Beckmann rearrangement of oximes with aluminium iodide D.Konwar, R.C.Boruah & J.S. Sandhu; Tetrahedron. Letters. 1990, 34,1063-1064
- Synthesis and reactivity of dicarbonyl Rh(1) complex of hemilabile Ph2CH2COOC2H5 ligand ; P.Das , D.Konwar , M.Sarmah, N. Kumari & D.K.Dutta ; Appd. Organomet. Chem., 16, 2002,302
- Rhodium nitrone complexes. Efficient catalyst for carbonylation of methanol ; P.Das, M. Boruah, N. Kumari, M. Sarmah, D. Konwar & D.K .Dutta ; J.Molecular Catalyst A ;178,2002,283
- Rhodium(1) carbonyl complexes of mono selenium functionalised bis-(diphenylphosphi no)methane and bis (diphenylphosphino)amine chelating ligands and their catalytic carbonylation activity ; D.K Dutta,.; J.D.Woollins,; M. Sarmah, A. M. Z. Salwin, , D Konwar,. P. Bhattacharya & S. M. Aucott, J.Organomet.Chem. 2006 ,691(6),1229-1234
- An alternative strategy to an electron rich phosphine based carbonylation catalyst ; D.K. Dutta, J. D. Woollins, M.Z.Salawin, D.Konwar, P.Das, M.Sharma,P. Bhatta. & S. M. Aucott ; Dalton Transaction (RS.C) ; 2003 ,2674-79
- Transition metal and organic solvent free: A highly efficient and anaerobic process for selective oxidation of alcohols to aldehydes and ketones in water ;P.Gogoi, & D. Konwar ; Org.& Biomol. Chem, 2005 ,3473-75
- An efficient and one pot synthesis of imidazoles and benzimidazoles via anaerobic oxidation of carbon nitrogen bonds in water ; P.Gogoi & D. Konwar ; Tettradedron. Letters,2006,47,79-82
- A highly efficient and green method for the synthesis of 3,4-dihydropyrimidin-2-ones and 1,5-benzodiazepines catalyzed by dodecyl sulfonic acid in water; S. Das. Sharma, P. Gogoi & D. Konwar ; Green Chemistry ,2007, 9, 153-157
Awards and Fellowships
- Postdoctoral Fellowship for the years (1990-91) in the Department of Chemistry, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, New York, USA, to work with Prof. K .T. Potts.
- Visiting Scientist under UK-INDIA (2002) joint research program at the University of St. Andrews, Scotland, UK, and worked with Prof. J.D. Woollins’s chemistry group.
- Recipient of 15 appreciation certificates for R & D activities by the Institute, CSIR-NEIST- Jorhat, Assam, India.
- “Most cited paper award” [consecutively for 3 years] for the research paper, Tetrahedron Letters, volume 47, Issue 1, 2006, pages 79-82 by Elsevier (P) Ltd., Oxford, UK; [Citation till date=155]. Also, this paper is cited in “70 years of Outstanding Science in India, published by [CSIR celebration 70 years].