|Name||:||Dr. Debasis D Mohanty|
|Qualification||:||PhD (Seismology), IIT Kharagpur, ,M(Sc)Tech (Geophysics), BHU-Varanasi,M.Sc (Physics), Ravenshaw University|
|Contact Details||:||Room No. 11, Geoscience and Technology Division, CSIR-North East Institute of Science and Technology (NEIST), Jorhat, Assam, 785006.|
|Email id||:||email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com|
- Seismology and Structure
- Seismic Tomography
- Tectonics and Geodynamics
- Seismic Anisotropy
- Integrated Geophysics
- Senior Research Scientist, Department of Earth Sciences, IIT Kanpur, Dec 2016-July 2017
- PhD (Seismic Tomography, Geophysics); Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur, 2013-2016
- Reviewer of peer reviewed journal – Bulletin of Seismological Society of America (BSSA)
List of Publications (Most Recent Ten)
Total No. of Publications: 7
- Arun Singh, M. Ravi Kumar, Debasis D. Mohanty, Chandrani Singh, Rahul Biswas and D Srinagesh; Crustal structure beneath India and Tibet: New constraints from inversion of receiver functions: Crustal structure: INDIA and TIBET; Journal of Geophysical Research – Solid Earth; 2017; DOI: 10.1002/2017JB013946.
- Debasis D Mohanty, Arun Singh, Leland J. Odriscol, Eugene Humphrey and M.Ravi Kumar; P-Wave velocity structure below India and Tibet incorporating anisotropic delay time effects; Geophysics,Geochemistry ,Geosystems; 2016; DOI: 10.1002/2015GC006064 .
- Debasis D Mohanty, Tuna Eken, Arun Singh and M Ravi Kumar; Mantle deformation patterns beneath southern Tibet using splitting of direct-S waves; Geophysical Research Abstracts, Vol. 18, EGU-2016-2348,2016.
- Arun Singh,Tuna Eken,Debasis D. Mohanty Dipankar Saikia, Chandrani Singh, M.Ravi Kumar; Significant seismic anisotropy beneath Southern Tibet inferred from direct S-waves; Physics of Earth and Planetary Interiors, PEPI, Elsevier; 2015, doi:10.1016/j.pepi.2015.11.001 .
- Chandrani Singh, Pushkar Modal, Sagar Singh, Debasis D. Mohanty, Namrata Jaiswal, M.Ravi Kumar; Lg Attenuation Tomographic models of Himalaya and Southern Tibet; Tectonophysics, Elsevier, 2015, DOI: 10.1016/j.tecto.2015.09.009 .
- Debasis D Mohanty, Hemant Singh, Ajay Singh and Gour Douli; A review on general theoretical view:The Dynamics of Changing Earth: An Evolution from the beginning to the Present Scenario; International Research Journal of Earth Sciences; Vol. 2(8), 10-14, September (2014); ISSN 2321–2527.
- Debasis D. Mohanty; Crustal seismic parameters beneath India and Tibet by CRUST1.0 analysis: A complement to other crustal models; In Submission.
Papers in Conference/ Symposia
- Debasis D Mohanty, Arun Singh and Chandrani Singh; Significant seismic anisotropy beneath southern Tibet inferred from splitting of direct S-waves (Oral); American Geophysical Union (AGU), Joint Assembly, Canada, Montreal, 2015.
- Debasis D Mohanty, Arun Singh,Leland J Odris M Ravi Kumar and Eugene Humphreys; Anisotropy corrected Tomography of India and Tibet using SKS splitting parameters (Oral); Asia Oceania Geosciences Society (AOGS); Singapore, 2015. (Selected and incoll, vited as a crew member presentation).
- Debasis D Mohanty, Tuna Eken, Arun Singh and M Ravi Kumar; Mantle deformation patterns beneath southern Tibet using splitting of direct S-waves (Poster); European Geosciences Union (EGU); Annual Meeting, Vienna, Austria, 2016.
- Debasis D Mohanty, Arun Singh, Dipankar Saikia, Chandrani Singh and M Ravi Kumar; Remarkable splitting of direct S-waves beneath southern Tibet deciphering significant seismic Anisotropy; Debasis et.al,; International conference on reducing Earthquake losses and Advances in Earthquake sciences; Gandhinagar, India, 2015.
- Debasis D Mohanty; Crustal Seismic parameters for India and Tibet: A CRUST 1.0 analysis; Annual conference of Geological Society of India, IIT Kharagpur, India, 2016.
Awards and Fellowships
- Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST), Taiwan fellowship for Post Doc, 2017 (Denied).
- Asia Oceania Geosciences Society (AOGS), Singapore, Young Crew member award, 2015.
- MHRD-IIT Kharagpur Travel Grant for attending Joint Assembly of American Geophysical Union (AGU), Montreal, Canada, 2015.
- MHRD-IIT Kharagpur Travel Grant for attending annual meeting of European Geosciences Union (EGU), Vienna, Austria, 2016.
- MHRD- Senior Research Fellowship: 2013-2016, IIT Kharagpur, India.
- Department of Space (DOS) fellowship : 2010-2012
- Baisnab Charan Memorial Award for securing highest marks in Mathematics in State, 2000.
- Selected for District Junior Red cross Society study cum training camp, 1998.
- State Award from Department of Information and Public Relations, Govt. of Odisha, for Cultural significance, 1996.
- GATE 2012, 2013, 2015
- 42 times District and sub-divisional awards in various academic events.
- Science Society Champion (University, 2003 and 2004), BHU Cultural (2011 &2012), Springfest IIT Kharagpur (2016), etc.
- Knowledge of programming language:C, C++, FORTRAN 77. "Certificate course in Object Orient Programming Using C++" from NIIT, Delhi, 2008. Experience in Linux environment, shell scripting and MATLAB.
- Ten days field works for installation of MT instruments and flux gate magnetometer at MPGO site, Tezpur, 2017.
- Thirty days field works in installation of seismometers in Eastern Ghat region (Angul, Koraput, Balangir and Bargarh), Odisha, 2015.
- Twenty days exposure of Geophysical activities in ONGC, Wadia, Institute of Himalayan Geology, IIRS, GSI, Deheradun and IMD,ICAR,IIT, (Dept. Of Atmospheric Science), Delhi in December 2007.
- One month field training in “Resistivity method and well logging techniques for ground water exploration” in CGWB, Patna in December 2008.
- Summer Internship at SPIC,ONGC, Panvel, Mumbai on seismic data processing, AVO analysis and Inversion, July,2009-Jan,2010.
- Asia Oceania Geosciences Society (Associate member ID:15A036)
- European Geosciences Union (Member)
- American Geophysical Union (Member)