|Name||:||Dr. Debasis D Mohanty|
|Qualification||:||PhD (Seismology), IIT Kharagpur, ,M(Sc)Tech (Geophysics), BHU-Varanasi,M.Sc (Physics), Ravenshaw University|
|Contact Details||:||Room No. 11, Geoscience and Technology Division, CSIR-North East Institute of Science and Technology (NEIST), Jorhat, Assam, 785006.|
|Email id||:||email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com|
- Seismology and Structure
- Seismic Tomography
- Tectonics and Geodynamics
- Seismic Anisotropy
- Integrated Geophysics
- Senior Research Scientist, Department of Earth Sciences, IIT Kanpur, Dec 2016-July 2017
- PhD (Seismic Tomography, Geophysics); Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur, 2013-2016
- Reviewer of peer reviewed journal – Bulletin of Seismological Society of America (BSSA)
List of Publications (Most Recent Ten)
Total No. of Publications: 9
- Debasis D Mohanty and Poulommi Mondal; Disparate behaviour of deformation patterns beneath northeast Indian lithosphere inferred from shear wave splitting analysis; Physics of the Earth and Planetary Interiors, 2019; DOI: doi.org/10.1016/j.pepi.2019.106315
- Arun Singh, M. Ravi Kumar, Debasis D. Mohanty, Chandrani Singh, Rahul Biswas and D Srinagesh; Crustal structure beneath India and Tibet: New constraints from inversion of receiver functions: Crustal structure: INDIA and TIBET; Journal of Geophysical Research – Solid Earth; 2017; DOI: 10.1002/2017JB013946.
- Debasis D Mohanty, Arun Singh, Leland J. Odriscol, Eugene Humphrey and M.Ravi Kumar; P-Wave velocity structure below India and Tibet incorporating anisotropic delay time effects; Geophysics,Geochemistry ,Geosystems; 2016; DOI: 10.1002/2015GC006064 .
- Debasis D Mohanty, Tuna Eken, Arun Singh and M Ravi Kumar; Mantle deformation patterns beneath southern Tibet using splitting of direct-S waves; Geophysical Research Abstracts, Vol. 18, EGU-2016-2348,2016.
- Arun Singh,Tuna Eken,Debasis D. Mohanty Dipankar Saikia, Chandrani Singh, M.Ravi Kumar; Significant seismic anisotropy beneath Southern Tibet inferred from direct S-waves; Physics of Earth and Planetary Interiors, PEPI, Elsevier; 2015, doi:10.1016/j.pepi.2015.11.001 .
- Chandrani Singh, Pushkar Modal, Sagar Singh, Debasis D. Mohanty, Namrata Jaiswal, M.Ravi Kumar; Lg Attenuation Tomographic models of Himalaya and Southern Tibet; Tectonophysics, Elsevier, 2015, DOI: 10.1016/j.tecto.2015.09.009 .
- Debasis D Mohanty, Hemant Singh, Ajay Singh and Gour Douli; A review on general theoretical view:The Dynamics of Changing Earth: An Evolution from the beginning to the Present Scenario; International Research Journal of Earth Sciences; Vol. 2(8), 10-14, September (2014); ISSN 2321–2527.
- Debasis D. Mohanty; Crustal seismic parameters beneath India and Tibet by CRUST1.0 analysis: A complement to other crustal models; In Submission.
Papers in Conference/ Symposia
- Debasis D Mohanty and Poulommi Mondal; Mantle dynamics and deformation patterns beneath Shillong plateau inferred from shear wave splitting: The role of major regional geological structures; American Geophysical Union (AGU), San Francisco, USA, 2019.
- Payaswini Das, Debasis D Mohanty, Manoj Kumar Phukan, Anmol Raj Mondal and Poulommi Mondal; Constraints of crustal anisotropy behaviors from Silghat, Northeast India from the analysis of shear wave splitting effects, 2nd Triennial Congress on Geosciences for sustainable development goals, Indian Geophysical Union, Hyderabad, 2019. Paper Selected for AnniTalwani Women Researcher of the Award, 2019.
- Debasis D Mohanty and Poulommi Mondal; Variations in anisotropic behaviour under northeast Indian lithosphere inferred from core refracted phases; Asia Oceania Geosciences Society, Annual Conference, Sngapore, 2019.
- Poulommi Mondal and Debasis D Mohanty; Identifying the unstable and heterogeneous anisotropic layers beneath northeast Indian Lithosphere by characterization of null measurements; Asia Oceania Geosciences Society, Annual Conference, Singapore, 2019.
- Poulommi Mondal and Debasis D Mohanty; Characterizing the null anisotropy beneath Tezpur, North East India ; Indian Geophysical Union, 55th Annual Convention, Page 87-91, Bhopal, 2018; Selected for AnniTalwani Women Researcher of the Award, 2018.
- Debasis D Mohanty, Arun Singh and Chandrani Singh; Significant seismic anisotropy beneath southern Tibet inferred from splitting of direct S-waves (Oral); American Geophysical Union (AGU), Joint Assembly, Canada, Montreal, 2015.
- Debasis D Mohanty, Arun Singh,Leland J Odris M Ravi Kumar and Eugene Humphreys; Anisotropy corrected Tomography of India and Tibet using SKS splitting parameters (Oral); Asia Oceania Geosciences Society (AOGS); Singapore, 2015. (Selected and incoll, vited as a crew member presentation).
- Debasis D Mohanty, Tuna Eken, Arun Singh and M Ravi Kumar; Mantle deformation patterns beneath southern Tibet using splitting of direct S-waves (Poster); European Geosciences Union (EGU); Annual Meeting, Vienna, Austria, 2016.
- Debasis D Mohanty, Arun Singh, Dipankar Saikia, Chandrani Singh and M Ravi Kumar; Remarkable splitting of direct S-waves beneath southern Tibet deciphering significant seismic Anisotropy; Debasis et.al,; International conference on reducing Earthquake losses and Advances in Earthquake sciences; Gandhinagar, India, 2015.
- Debasis D Mohanty; Crustal Seismic parameters for India and Tibet: A CRUST 1.0 analysis; Annual conference of Geological Society of India, IIT Kharagpur, India, 2016.
Awards and Fellowships
- Early Career Research Award, SERB, Department of Science and Technology, India, 2019.
- International Travel Scheme Award (ITS) to United States of America (USA), SERB, Department of Science and Technology, India, 2019.
- Paper entitled ‘ Constraints of crustal anisotropy behaviors from Silghat, Northeast India from the analysis of shear wave splitting effects ’ awarded for ‘AnniTalwani Women Researcher of the Year 2019’ ; Indian Geophysical Union (Received by PhD student, Ms. Payaswini Das, JRF).
- Paper entitled ‘Characterizing the Null anisotropy beneath Tezpur, North East India’ has been awarded for ‘AnniTalwani Women Researcher of the Year 2018’ by Indian Geophysical Union (Received by PhD student, Ms. PoulommiMondal, JRF and Inspire Fellow).
- Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST), Taiwan fellowship for Post Doc, 2017 (Denied).
- Asia Oceania Geosciences Society (AOGS), Singapore, Young Crew member award, 2015.
- MHRD-IIT Kharagpur Travel Grant for attending Joint Assembly of American Geophysical Union (AGU), Montreal, Canada, 2015.
- MHRD-IIT Kharagpur Travel Grant for attending annual meeting of European Geosciences Union (EGU), Vienna, Austria, 2016.
- MHRD- Senior Research Fellowship: 2013-2016, IIT Kharagpur, India.
- Department of Space (DOS) fellowship : 2010-2012
- Baisnab Charan Memorial Award for securing highest marks in Mathematics in State, 2000.
- Selected for District Junior Red cross Society study cum training camp, 1998.
- State Award from Department of Information and Public Relations, Govt. of Odisha, for Cultural significance, 1996.
- GATE 2012, 2013, 2015
- 42 times District and sub-divisional awards in various academic events.
- Science Society Champion (University, 2003 and 2004), BHU Cultural (2011 &2012), Springfest IIT Kharagpur (2016), etc.
- As PI- "Active Geodynamics, Evolution, Structure and Deformation analysis of Indo-Burman Wedge", SERB, Department of Scienne and Technology, India, 2019-2022.
- As Member- "Seismic hazard assessment of NE India through multidisciplinary approach"
- Elected as Main convener for Solid Earth Section for chairing the session (SE07) at Asia Oceania Geosciences Society (AOGS), 2019, Singapore.
- Convener of National Workshop on ‘Recent Developments in Civil and Earthquake Engineering (RDCEE)’, 09th April, 2018
- Knowledge of programming language:C, C++, FORTRAN 77. "Certificate course in Object Orient Programming Using C++" from NIIT, Delhi, 2008. Experience in Linux environment, shell scripting and MATLAB.
- Ten days field works for installation of MT instruments and flux gate magnetometer at MPGO site, Tezpur, 2017.
- Thirty days field works in installation of seismometers in Eastern Ghat region (Angul, Koraput, Balangir and Bargarh), Odisha, 2015.
- Twenty days exposure of Geophysical activities in ONGC, Wadia, Institute of Himalayan Geology, IIRS, GSI, Deheradun and IMD,ICAR,IIT, (Dept. Of Atmospheric Science), Delhi in December 2007.
- One month field training in “Resistivity method and well logging techniques for ground water exploration” in CGWB, Patna in December 2008.
- Summer Internship at SPIC,ONGC, Panvel, Mumbai on seismic data processing, AVO analysis and Inversion, July,2009-Jan,2010.
- Asia Oceania Geosciences Society (Associate member ID:15A036)
- European Geosciences Union (Member)
- American Geophysical Union (Member)