|Name||:||Dr Binoy K Saikia|
|Contact Details||:||Coal Chemistry Division, CSIR-North East institute of Science & Technology, Jorhat-785006, Assam, India|
|Email id||:||email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org|
- Carbon Nanomaterials and their Application
- Environmental Nano-mineralogy
- Aerosol Chemistry
- Low-grade Coal Beneficiation
- Value added products from North East Indian Coal, Petroleum and Biomass (Funded by CSIR)
- NCAP-WGIII: Carbonaceous Aerosol Emissions, Source Apportionment and Climate Effects (Funded by MoEFCC))
- Gradation of NE Indian Coals. (Funded by CSIR)
- Coal Resource Quality Assessment Centre and Coal Quality Control Laboratory (Testing and Evaluation)
- Pilot Plants for Low-grade Coal Beneficiation, Combustion, Non-recovery Coke Ovens, Briquetting and Nodulization machineries (Process development)
List of Publications (Most Recent Ten)
Total No. of Publications: 65
- Nanodiamonds produced from low-grade Indian coals, T Das, BK Saikia, ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering, 2017, 5 (11), 9619–9624 (IF: 5.951)
- Copyrolysis of Low-Grade Indian Coal and Waste Plastics: Future Prospects of Waste Plastic as a Source of Fuel, Gitika Rani Saha, Tonkeswar Das, Pranjal Handique, Dipankar Kalita, Binoy K Saikia, Energy Fuels, 2018, 32 (2), pp 2421–2431 (IF: 3.019)
- Promising carbon nanosheet-based supercapacitor electrode materials from low-grade coals. T Das, H Chauhan, S Deka, S Chaudhary, R Boruah, BK Saikia. Microporous and Mesoporous Materials. 2017, 253, 80-90. (IF: 3.615)
- Environmental assessment and nano-mineralogical characterization of coal, overburden and sediment from Indian coal mining acid drainage, Madhulika Dutta, Jyotilima Saikia, Silvio R. Taffarel, Frans B. Waanders, Diego de Medeiros, Cesar M. N. L. Cutruneo, Luis F.O. Silva, Binoy K Saikia, Geoscience Frontiers, 2017, (DOI: 10.1016/j.gsf.2016.11.014) (IF: 4.256).
- Humi-Fe3O4 nanocomposites from low-quality coal with amazing catalytic performance in reduction of nitrophenols, T Das, G Kalita, P Jyoti Bora, D Prajapati, G Baishya, B K Saikia, Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering, 2017, 5, 1855-1865. (IF: Pending)
- Nanominerals, fullerene aggregates, and hazardous elements in coal and coal combustion-generated aerosols: An environmental and toxicological assessment, Saikia J, Narzary B, Roy S, Bordoloi M, Saikia P, Saikia BK. Chemosphere. 2016 Dec 31; 164:84-91 (IF: 4.208).
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) around tea processing industries using high-sulfur coals, Saikia J, Khare P, Saikia P, Saikia BK. Environmental Geochemistry and Health. 2016 Sep 27:1-6 (IF: 2.616).
- Formation of carbon nano-balls and carbon nano-tubes from northeast Indian Tertiary coal: value added products from low grade coal, Tonkeswar Das, Binoy K Saikia, Bimala P Baruah, Gondwana Research, 31 (2016) 295–304 (DOI: 10.1016/j.gr.2015.01.012) (IF: 8.235).
- Formation of onion-like fullerene and chemically converted graphene-like nanosheets from low-quality coals: application in photocatalytic degradation of 2-nitrophenol, T Das, P K Boruah, M R Das, B K Saikia*, RSc Advances 2016, 6, 35177-35190 (IF: 3.108).
- Effective removal of sulfur components from Brazilian power-coals by ultrasonication in presence of H2O2, Binoy K Saikia, Adilson C. Dalmora, Rahul Choudhury, Tonkeswar Das, Silvio R. Taffarel, Luis F.O. Silva, Ultrasonic Sonochemistry, 32 (2016) 147–157 (IF: 4.218)
Published as Book/Boor chapters
- Binoy K Saikia, A Saikia, B P Baruah, Nature and Chemistry of Coal and Its Products, In: Coal Production and Processing Technology", CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, UK. (ISBN 9781482252170)
- Binoy K Saikia, B P Baruah, Chemical desulphurization and deashing of high organic sulphur Indian coals, In Energy Science and Technology: Coal Energy (Vol.2) (Eds: Sharma, Prasad and Sivakumar), 2015, Studium Press LLC. (ISBN: 1-62699-061-1 / 1-62699-063-8).
- Binoy K Saikia, Rajani K Boruah, X-Ray Structural Analysis of Some Indian Coals, Proceedings of the International Conference on Neutron and X-Ray Scattering-2009; American Institute of Physics (AIP) Conference Proceedings, 2010, Volume 1202, pp. 112-116; ISBN: 978-0-7354-0739-8
- B P Baruah, Binoy K Saikia, Pranjal Gogoi, P Kotoky, P G Rao, Acid Mine Drainage in Indian coal Industry, Proc. Of International seminar on Mineral Processing Technology, (MPT-04), 2004, RRL, Bhubneswar, India, p809-817; ISBN: 81-7764-599-4
- Binoy K Saikia, Some Aspects of Structural Investigation of Assam (India) Coal, LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, Germany, 2010; ISBN: 978-3838392790
Awards and Fellowships
- Our coal powder-based supercapacitor materials has been highlighted in "natureINDIA"
- Our research works has been highlighted in "natureINDIA"
- Dr R P Bhatnagar Award (2015-16) for outstanding contribution to Mineral Beneficiation by MGMI.
- IIME Coal Beneficiation Award (Academic/Industry) 2015 by Indian Institute of Mineral Engineers.
- Best paper award in the category of “Award for Honorable Mention Technical Paper” in International Pittsburgh Coal Conference, University of Pittsburgh, PA, USA during 5-8 October 2015.
- Mineral Engineering Science Association of India (MESA) award -2014
- Recipient of Rajiv Gandhi Excellence Award-2012 from Union Minister of Coal, Govt. of India initiated by Seemapuri Times, A National News Magazine based in Luchnow.
- Young Scientist Award from International Union for Crystallography during International Conference on Neutron and X-ray Scattering 2009 (ICNX 2009) in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Nomination for Young Engineer Award, Senior Engineers Forum, Greater Guwahati in 2012.
- Selected for Assam Education Service (AES) by Assam Public Service Commission, Guwahati (2010).
Fellowships and memberships
- Fellow of Geological Society of India (FGS)
- Life Member of Mining Geological and Metallurgical Institute of India (MGMI)
- Fellow of Institution of Chemist (India), 2011, Institution of Chemist, Dr. Biresh Gohel Road, Kolkota, India.
- Qualified in National Eligibility Test for Junior Research Fellow Examination (Chemical Sciences) organized by CSIR-UGC in 2003-2004
- Affiliate Member of Institution of Chemical Engineers (UK).
- Active Member of International Centre for Diffraction Data (ICDD), USA.
- Life member of Indian Institute of Mineral Engineers.
- Life member of Indian Crystallographic Association, India.
- Life Member of Assam Science Society, India.
- Member of International X-ray Absorption Society, Italy.
- Member of Indian Science Congress Association.
Editors of Journals
- Editorial board member of International Journal Oil, Gas and Coal Technology (Inderscience publisher).
- Guest Editor and Editorial board member of International Journal of Coal Science & Technology (Springer).
- Consulting Editor of Energy and Emission Control Technologies. (Dove Medical Press)
- Associate Editor of “REVISTA DE CIENCIAS AMBIENTAIS”, an electronic biannual Journal in English and Portuguesa published from Brazil.
- Editorial board member of International Journal of Geology, Earth and Environmental Sciences.
- Recognized Reviewer of reputed and SCI Journals in the area of Coal, Energy and Fuel such as Fuel, Energy & Fuel, Environmental Science & Technology, Fuel Processing Technology, Powder Technology, Ultrasonics Sonochemistry etc.
- Certificate of appreciation by American Chemical Society (ACS) for the contribution to the American Chemical Society journals, USA during 2011-12.
- Certificate of appreciation by Academic Journals, Nigeria for the contribution and services during 2010-12.
- Selected for inclusion in the Marquis Who's Who in the World-2009-2012, USA.
Invited Guest/Invited Talk/Invited Expert/Radio Talk
- Act as Resource Person in National Children Science Congress (Jorhat district) in the area of Energy.
- Invited talk on “Coal-derived Nano-structured Materials: A new avenue” at Kaziranga University, Jorhat on 02/06/2016
- Invited talk on “Clean Coal Technology Initiatives at CSIR-NEIST, Jorhat”, In: Continuing Education Programme (CEP) at DRL, Tezpur on 12 November 2014.
- Participated as Expert in “Scientist Face to face to school children” at National Children Science Congress-2014, Doomdooma Girls High School, Assam.
- Participated as Expert in “Scientist Face to face to School children” at Science motivational program 26-31 May 2014, CSIR-NEIST, Jorhat, Assam
- Participated as Expert to evaluate the science projects (Senior & Junior) submitted to Kendriya Vidyalaya (KV)-Regional level Science Congress under ‘National Children Science Congress’ (NCSC-2012) held at KV-Cinnamora, Jorhat on 05/11/2012
- Participated as Expert to evaluate the science projects (Senior & Junior) submitted ‘National Children Science Congress’ (NCSC-2015) of Jorhat district held at Kakodonga, Jorhat.
- Radio talk on “coal and environment issues” in All India Radio, Jorhat.