|Name||:||DR JATIN KALITA|
|Qualification||:||Ph.D. (Life Sciences)|
|Contact Details||:||CSIR-NEIST, Jorhat-785006, Assam, India, 0376-2370121 Extn.2321 (O), 09435557824 (M)|
|Email id||:||email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com|
- Management of Post harvest food losses
- Alternate sources of Food and Nutraceuticals
- Natural products for management of human disease
- Sericulture biotechnology
- Bio-profiling and bio-prospecting microorganisms, plants and insects from North East Gene pool and their application potentials (Inhouse Project, CSIR-NEIST)
- Integrated NextGen approaches in health, disease and environmental toxicity (INDEPTH) (CSIR Network Project)
- Therapeutics of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases (COPD) and Related Respiratory Disorders (TREAT) (CSIR Network Project)
- New initiatives to boost Agriculture Productivity Through Maximizing Pre & Post Harvest Yields (AGROPATHY) (CSIR Network Project)
- Isolation and Characterization of Anti Fungal Peptides from Muga Silkworm Antheraea assamensis Helfer. (Twinning Project, Sponsored by DBT, Govt. of India).
- Development of commercial bioformulation of Plant Growth Promoting Rhizobacteria (PGPR) using Coir pith as carrier (Project sponsored by CCRI, Coir Board, Min. of MSME, Govt. of India)
- CSIR Knowledge Gateway & Open Source Private Cloud Infrastructure (KNOWGATE) (CSIR Network Project)
- Plant Diversity : Studying adaptation biology and understanding/exploiting medicinally important Plants for useful bioactives (SIMPLE) (CSIR Network Project)
- Improved Pulses Grain Storage Container (2010): Jatin Kalita, Pranab Ram Bhattacharyya, Jayanta Jyoti Bora & Mantu Bhuyan.
List of Publications (Most Recent Ten)
Total No. of Publications: Peer-reviewed SCI Journals- 22; Book Chapter- 3; Proceedings paper- 9; International/National Conferences (Papers presented and Abstracts) -18.
- Kalita, J*; Dutta, P; Gogoi, P; Bhattacharyya, PR & Nath, SC (2014) Biological activity of essential oils of two variant of Cinnamomum verum Presl. from North East India on Callosobruchus chinensis (L.), Int. J. Appl. Biol. and Pharma Tech., 5(3) : 190-194.
- Das, D; Baruah, R; Sarma Roy, A; Singh AK; Dekaboruah, HP; Kalita, J and Bora TC (2014) Complete genome sequence analysis of Pseudomonas aeruginosa N002 reveals its genetic adaptation for crude oil degradation, Genomics 105 : 182-190.
- Kalita, J*; Bhattacharyya, PR; Dekaboruah, HP; Unni, BG; Lekhak, H and Nath, SC (2015) Association of Zeuzera conferta Walker on agarwood formation in Aquilaria malaccensis Lamk. Asian J. Plant Sci. Res., 5(1) : 04-09.
- Dey, Tapan; Gogoi, Kabita; Unni, Bala Gopalan; Bharadwaz, Moonmee; Kalita, Munmi; Ozah, Dibyajyoti; Kalita, Manoj; Kalita, J; Boruah, Pranab Kumar; Bora, Thaneswar (2015) Role of Environmental Pollutants in Liver Physiology: Special References to Peoples Living in the Oil Drilling Sites of Assam, PloS One. Doi:10.137/journal.pone.123370 published on 13 April, 2015.
- Borah, M; Das, D; Kalita, J; Dekaborua, HP; and Neog B (2015) Tree species composition, biomass and carbon stocks in two tropical forest of Assam, Biomass and Bioenergy, 78 : 25-35.
- Dey, T; Dutta, P; Kalita, J*; Dekaboruah, HP; Kalita, M and Unni, BG (2015) Glutathione S Transferase Gene Polymorphism and Lung Cancer in Indian Population : A Meta-analysis of Case Control Studies, Current Science, 109(3) : 536-540.
- Dutta, P; Dey, T; Kalita, M and Kalita, J* (2015) Insecticidal activity of the leaf extracts of Cannabis indica against two major stored grain pest Callosobruchus chinensis and Sitophilylus oryzae, International Journal of Tropical agriculture, 33(4) : 3057-3060.
- Manna, P and Kalita, J (2016) : Beneficial role of vitamin K supplementation on insulin sensitivity, glucose metabolism, and the reduced risk of type 2 diabetes: A review. Nutrition, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.nut.2016.01.011.
- Dey, T; Dutta, P; Manna, P; Kalita, J*; Boruah, HPD; Buragohain, AK; Unni, BG; Ozah, D; Goswami, M and Kotokey, RK (2016) Cigarette smoke compounds induce cellular redox imbalance, activate NF-κB, and increase TNF-α/CRP secretion: A possible pathway in the pathogenesis of COPD, Toxicol. Res., 5, 895-904 (DOI: 10.1039/C5TX00477B)
- Dutta, P; Dey, T; Manna, P and Kalita J* (2016) Antioxidant Potential of Vespa affinis L., a Traditional Edible Insect Species of North East India. PLoS ONE 11(5): e0156107. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0156107.
- National Merit Scholarship of Govt. of India during 1989-1996.
- Merit Scholarship of Assam Agricultural University during 1996 – 1998.
- Senior Research Fellowship of Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) during 2000-2002 for pursuing Ph.D. Research.
- Qualified National Eligibility Test (NET) in Agricultural Entomology conducted by Agricultural Scientist Recruitment Board under ICAR in 2001.
- Received the BEST ORAL PRESENTATION AWARD for presentation of a research paper on National Seminar on Emerging Trends and Opportunities in Grain Processing Sector with Reference to North Eastern States held at AAU, Jorhat during 2005.
- Received Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Fellowship Award, 2007 for offering best Services to Rural peoples in N.E. India given by Bharatiya Dalit Sahitya Academy, New Delhi.
- Recognized and selected as member of the Evaluation Committee under National Programme for Organic Production (NPOP) during 2006-2008.
- Nominated by CSIR-NEIST to visit Thailand for exploring the area of Collaborative Research & study the feasibility of setting up of a CSIR-Centre in Thailand, during 18-28 February, 2013.
- Invited to deliver a talk in International Conference on Agarwood, 2013 as Invited Speaker in MingDao University, Taiwan during 27-29 September, 2013.