|Name||:||Mr. Jiban Jyoti Mahanta|
|Contact Details||:||Analytical Chemistry Division, NEIST:Jorhat Jorhat-785 006, Assam, India|
|Email id||:||firstname.lastname@example.org, 0376-2372291|
- Human resource development & management
- Bioactivity of medicinal and aromatic plants
- Financial assistance to NEIST, Jorhat towards Equipments, Computer Lab. and Renovation of Lab. space for 58 Under Graduate Colleges affiliated to NER Universities under NER FIST Package , Funded by DST, New Delhi, Total Sanctioned Amount: 2930.00 Lakhs
- Programme to Augment & Rejuvenate Youth through training for Economic, Social & Holistic Development (Work Package III, HRD)
- M Bhuyan, JJ Mahanta, M Chutia, PR Bhattacharyya, NC Baruah, PB Kanjilal and PG Rao: A novel herbal antifungal formulation against dermal infection (0650DEL2007).
List of Publications (Most Recent Ten)
Total No. of Publications: 10
- S Upadhyaya, JJ Mahanta and LR Saikia (2011): Antioxidant activity, phenol and flavonoid content of a medicinal herb Andrographis paniculata (Burm.F.) Nees grown using different organic manures, Journal of Pharmacy Research, 4(3): 614-616
- MJ Bordoloi, R Kotoky, JJ Mahanta, TC Sarma and PB Kanjilal (2009). Anti-genotoxic hydrazide from Crinum defixum. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 44: 2754–2757. [IF 3.849]
- M Bhuyan, JJ Mahanta and PR Bhattacharyya (2008). Biocontrol potential of tortoise beetle (Aspidomorpha miliaris) (Coleoptera: Chrysomelidae) on Ipomoea carnea in Assam, India. Biocontrol Science & Technology, 18(9):941-947. [IF-1.087]
- JJ Mahanta, M Chutia, M Bordoloi, MG Pathak, RK Adhikary and TC Sarma (2007). Cymbopogon citratus L. essential oil as potential antifungal agent against key weed moulds of Pleurotus spp. spawns. Flavour & Fragrance Journal, 22:525-530 (IF- 0.868)
- JJ Mahanta, M Chutia and TC Sarma (2007). Study on weed flora and their influence on Patchouli (Pogostemon cablin Benth.) oil and patchoulol . Journal of Plant Science, 2 (1): 96-101.
- M Chutia, JJ Mahanta, N Bhattacharyya, M Bhuyan, P Boruah and TC Sarma (2007). Microbial Herbicides for Weed Management: Prospects, Progress and Constraints. Plant Pathology Journal, 6(3): 210-218.
- M Chutia, JJ Mahanta, R Saikia and TC Sarma (2006). Influence of leaf blight disease on yield of oil and its constituents of java citronella and in-vitro control of the pathogen using essential oils. World Journal of Agricultural Science, 2 (3): 319-321.
- JJ Mahanat, S Upadhyaya, LR Saikia and TC Sarma (2012) Antioxidant, cytotoxic and genotoxic activity of essential oils of Cymbopogon flexuosus, Homalomena aromatic and Machilus bombycina, Journal of Advanced Plant Sciences, 6(1&2): 65-71
- T C Sarma and JJ Mahanta (2008). Effect of sowing time, spacing and nitrogen level on pulpable biomass yield of sesbania aculeata baker. Journal of Advanced Plant Sciences, 4(1&2):27-32.
- R Saikia, M Chutia, JJ Mahanta and TC Sarma (2005). An in-vivo study in root biomass production, associated changes in soil environment and oil yield in citronella cultivation. Journal of Applied Bioscience and Biotechnology, 2 (2): 49-51.