|Name||:||Dr. Manash R. Das|
|Designation||:||Scientist & Assistant Professor|
|Contact Details||:||Advanced Materials Group, Materials Sciences and Technology Division, CSIR-North East Institute of Science and Technology Jorhat – 785 006, Assam, INDIA Fax: +91-376-2370011|
|Email id||:||firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com|
- Synthesis of metal, bimetallic, metal oxide and metal sulfide nanoparticles on graphene and other 2D nanomaterials sheets
- Functionalization of the graphene surfaces
- Catalytic investigation of the metal nanoparticle-graphene/graphene oxide composites
- Removal of dye from aqueous medium by photocatalytic degradation, adsorption and reactive extraction technique
- Sensor application using graphene based nanocomposite
- Metal nanoparticles on graphene, h-BN and low dimensional (2D) transition metal chalcogenides, Indo-Russian International Project, DST-RFBR, Project No. GPP 301).
- Solution chemistry approach for synthesis of metal nanoparticles on the graphene oxide/graphene nanosheets, DST Fast Track Project for Young Scientist (Project No. GPP 269).
- Reduced graphene oxide nanosheets decorated with metallic/bimetallic nanoparticles: A multifunctional materials for photothermal therapy of cancer cells, DBT Sponsored.
List of Publications (Most Recent Ten)
Total No. of Publications: 64
- Gitashree Darabdhara, Bhagyasmeeta Sharma, Manash R. Das*, Rabah Boukherroub, Sabine Szunerits, Cu-Ag bimetallic nanoparticles on reduced graphene oxide nanosheets as peroxidase mimic for glucose and ascorbic acid detection, Sensors & Actuators: B. Chemical, 2017, 238, 842-851
- Gitashree Darabdhara, Purna Kanta Boruah, Priyakshree Borthakur, Manash R. Das*, Saad M. Alshehri, Victor Malgras, Kevin C.-W. Wu,* and Yusuke Yamauchi, Reduced graphene oxide nanosheets decorated with Au-Pd bimetallic alloy nanoparticles towards efficient photocatalytic degradation of phenolic compounds in water, Nanoscale, 2016, 8, 8276-8287
- Priyakshree Borthakur, Purna K Boruah, Najrul Hussain, Bhagyasmeeta Sharma, Manash R. Das*, Sara Matić, David Řeha and Babak Minofar*, An Experimental and Molecular Dynamics Simulation of Specific Ion Effect on the Graphene Oxide Surface and Investigation of their Influence on Reactive Extraction of Model Dye Molecule at Water/Organic Interface, Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2016, 120 (26), 14088–14100
- N. Hussain, P. Gogoi, V. K. zhaganand, M. V. Shelke and M. R. Das, Green synthesis of stable Cu(0) nanoparticle onto reduced graphene oxide nanoshsheets: A reusable catalyst for the synthesis of symmetrical biaryls from arylboronic acids under base-free condition, Catalysis Science and Technology 2015, 5, 1251
- Ponchami Sharma, Gitashree Darabdhara, Tallapareddy Muralikrishna Reddy, Ashwini Borah, Pranjal Bezbaruah, Pranjal Gogoi, Najrul Hussain, Pinaki Sengupta and Manash R. Das, Synthesis of Au NPs-reduced graphene oxide composites and its catalytic activity towards oxidation of alcohol, Catalysis Communication 2013, 40, 139-144
- Najrul Hussain, Pranjal Gogoi,* Puja Khare and Manash R. Das*, Nickel nanoparticles supported reduced graphene oxide sheets: A phosphine free, magnetically recoverable and cost effective catalyst for Sonogashira cross-coupling reaction, RSC Advances, 2015, 5, 103105–103115
- Gitashree Darabdhara, Mohammed A. Amin*, Gaber A.M. Mersal, Emad M. Ahmed, Manash R. Das*, Mohamed B. Zakaria, Victor Malgras, S. M. Alshehri, Yusuke Yamauchi, Sabine Szunerits and Rabah Boukherroub*, Reduced graphene oxide nanosheets decorated with Au, Pd and Au-Pd bimetallic nanoparticles as highly efficient catalysts for electrochemical hydrogen generation, Journal of Material Chemistry A, 2015, 3, 20254-20266
- Gitashree Darabdhara, Manash R. Das,* Volodymyr Turcheniuk, Kostiantyn Turcheniuk, Vladimir Zaitsev, Rabah Boukherroub and Sabine Szunerits*, Reduced graphene oxide nanosheets decorated with AuPd bimetallic nanoparticles: A multifunctional material for photothermal therapy of cancer cells, Journal of Material Chemistry B, 2015, 3, 8366-8374
- Najrul Hussain, Ashwini Borah, Gitashree Darabdhara, Pranjal Gogoi* Vedi Kuyil Azhagan, Manjusha V. Shelke and Manash R. Das*, A green approach for decoration of Pd NPs on graphene nanosheets: An in-situ process for the reduction of C-C double bond and reusable catalyst for Suzuki cross-coupling reaction, New Journal of Chemistry, 2015, 39, 6631-6641
- Manash R. Das, Rupak K. Sarma, Ratul Saikia, Vinayak S. Kale, Manjusha V. Shelke, Pinaki Sengupta, Synthesis of silver nanoparticles in an aqueous suspension of graphene oxide sheets and its antimicrobial activity, Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces 2011, 83(1), 16-22 (Citation 161)
Awards and Fellowships
- “Peravadhanulu award” from Indian Institute of Mineral Engineers (IIME) for the best paper in the characterization category for the paper entitled “SEM-EDX Characterization of Some Graphite deposits of Arunachal Pradesh” by Sarat Ch. Das, Manash R. Das and Pinaki Sengupta presented by Dr. Manash R. Das in the IIME International Conference on Mineral Processing Technology, MPT 2011 held at Udaipur during 20-22 Oct 2011, INDIA.
- Best Poster awards at National Seminar on Frontiers in Chemical Science (FICS), 3-4 December, 2010, Department of Chemistry, IIT Guwahati, Assam, INDIA. The titled of paper was “Synthesis of Citrate Modified Silver Nanoparticles on Graphene Oxide Aqueous Suspension by Roopa Kumari, Manash R. Das* and Pinaki Sengupta.
- DST Fast Track Scheme for Young Scientist Project Proposal entitled “Solution chemistry approach for synthesis of metal nanoparticles on the graphene oxide/graphene nanosheets” has been awarded. (Award letter No SERB/F/2066/2012-2013 dated 10/07/2012)
- Top 25 Hottest Articles in Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces (January to December 2011, 2012) Manash R. Das, Rupak K. Sarma, Ratul Saikia, Vinayak S. Kale, Manjusha V. Shelke, Pinaki Sengupta “Synthesis of silver nanoparticles in an aqueous suspension of graphene oxide sheets and its antimicrobial activity” Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces 2011, 83(1), 16-22 (Citation: 78)
- CNRS Post doctoral Fellow (May 2007 to April 2008) at Institut de Recherche Interdisciplinaire (IRI), CNRS USR 3078, France. Research work was carried out in the topic “Nanostructured boron-doped diamond surfaces for applications in biosciences” sponsored by the ANR (National Research Agency), France.
- Top 25 Hottest Articles in Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces (January to December 2011, 2012, 2013) Manash R. Das, Rupak K. Sarma, Ratul Saikia, Vinayak S. Kale, Manjusha V. Shelke, Pinaki Sengupta, Synthesis of silver nanoparticles in an aqueous suspension of graphene oxide sheets and its antimicrobial activity, Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces 2011, 83(1), 16-22 (Citation: 161)
- ‘‘Top-ten’’ most downloaded articles published in Comptes rendus Chimie of the year 2013 Yannick Coffinier, Gaëlle Piret, Manash R. Das, and Rabah Boukherroub, Effect of surface roughness and chemical composition on the wetting properties of silicon-based substrates, Comptes Rendus Chimie 2013, 16 (1), 65-72
- Top 25 Hottest Articles in Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces (January to March 2013 & April to June 2013), recognized by SciVerse Science Direct Rupak K. Sarma, Roopa Kumari, Sarat Ch. Borah, Ratul Saikia, Ashvini B. Deshmukh, Manjusha V. Shelke, Pinaki Sengupta, Sabine Szunerits and Rabah Boukherroub, The synthesis of citrate-modified silver nanoparticles in an aqueous suspension of graphene oxide sheets and their antibacterial activity”, Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 2013, 105, 128-136
- Three articles such as J. Chem. Eng. Data 2013, 58, 3477-3488, Nanotechnology 2013, 24, 495101 and Chemical Communication 2012, 48, 1221-1223 have been selected for the cover page of the respective journals.
- Recognition of students
- Ms Gitashree Darabdhara, Best Performing JRF at CSIR-NEIST in 2015-16
- Ms Gitashree Darabdhara, Best Poster Award in NPPP 2016
- Mr Najrul Hussain, Best Performing JRF at CSIR-NEIST in 2014-15
- Mrs Ponchami Sharma, Best Performing SRF at CSIR-NEIST in 2013-14