|Qualification||:||B Tech (Civil Engineering, NIT Warangal) M Tech (Geotechnical Engineering, IIT Guwahati)|
|Contact Details||:||+91 376 2370121 Extn. 2377 (O) +91 9435093010 (M)|
|Email id||:||email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org|
- Characterization of Geomaterials
- Subsurface Investigation and Site Characterization
- Shallow Foundations
- Soil Stabilization
- Reinforced Soil and Geosynthetics
- Pavement Subgrade
- Research Projects 1. “Study and development of soil modification or stabilization techniques for various types of soil used in construction activities in and around Jorhat and in some selected areas of Assam” a laboratory in-house project of CSIR-NEIST Jorhat from April 2012 to March 2017. 2. “Design and development of innovative building techniques and materials to minimize the intensity of disaster (viz earthquake, landslide and flood) damages” a laboratory in-house project of CSIR-NEIST Jorhat from April 2007 to March 2012. 3. “Geotechnical study and design of foundation with particular reference to North East Region of India” a laboratory in-house project of CSIR-NEIST Jorhat from April 2002 to March 2007.
- Consultancy Projects Geotechnical Investigations for construction of various industrial structures were undertaken on behalf of 1 Numaligarh Refinery Limited, Golaghat, Assam 2 ONGC Limited, Nazira, Assam 3 ONGC Limited, Sivasagar, Assam 4 ONGC Limited, Jorhat, Assam 5 BSNL, Jorhat, Assam 6 Department of Power, Govt. of Arunachal Pradesh, Geku 7 Bongaigaon Refinery & Petrochemicals Ltd., Dhaligaon, Assam 8 Oil India Limited, Duliajan, Assam 9 IOC Limited (Assam Oil Division), Digboi, Assam
List of Publications (Most Recent Ten)
Total No. of Publications:
- Das, T. and Singh, B. (2013). “Benefits and impacts of scrap tyre use in geotechnical engineering.” Journal of Environmental Research and Development, Vol. 7 No. 3, 1262-1271 (Review Paper) (Impact Factor 0.157).
- Das, T. and Singh, B. (2013). “Deformation and strength characteristics of jute geotextile reinforced soils.” Proceedings of the 6th International Congress of Environmental Research (ICER-13), Aurangabad, Maharashtra, India, 850
- Das, T. and Singh, B. (2012). “Deformation and strength characteristics of tyre rubber fibres added soils.” Proceedings of the Fifth CUSAT National Conference on Recent Advances in Civil Engineering (RACE - 2012), Kochi, India, 36-40.
- Das, T. and Singh, B. (2012). “Influence of fly ash and waste tyre ruber fibres on stress-strain characteristics of a lateritic soil.” Proceedings of National Conference on Advances in Earth Sciences, Structural, Geotechnical and Earthquake Engineering (AESG2E - 2012), Hyderabad, India, 561-568.
- Das, T. and Singh, B. (2012). “Triaxial compression behaviour of cohesive soil mixed with fly ash and waste tyre fibres.” Proceedings of the International Conference on Sustainable Built Environment (ICSBE-2012), Kandy, Sri Lanka.
- Barman, P., Das, T. and Singh, B. (2012). “Triaxial response of compacted rubber fibres and clayey silt-fly ash mixes.” Proceedings of the Indian Geotechnical Conference IGC-2012, Advances in Geotechnical Engineering, New Delhi, India, Vol-II, 850-853.
- B Das, T. and Singh, B. (2012). “Strength behaviour of cohesive soil-fly ash-waste tyre mixes.” Proceedings of the SAITM Research Symposium on Engineering Advancements (SAITM – RSEA 2012), Malabe, Sri Lanka, 35-38.
- Das, T. and Singh, B. (2011). “Deformation and strength characteristics of lime/cement added soils.” Proceedings of National Conference on Recent Advancements in Civil Engineering & Infrastructural Developments (RACE-InD 2011), Guna, MP, India, G-47-52.
- Das, T. and Singh, B. (2011). “Deformation and strength characteristics of fly ash added soils.” Proceedings of National Conference on Recent Advances in Civil Engineering (RACE - 2011), Varanasi, India, 175-180.